Promo feature can help you increasing transactions. In Moka backoffice, you can set up promo such as "Buy 1 Get 1" or "Buy Fried Rice Get Ice Tea".
Here are the steps to create promo:
- Go to LIBRARY.
- Click Promo.
- Click Create Promo button.
- Setup the promo program.
- Select the promo type and fill in promo name.
We advise you to create promo name as unique as you want. The promo name will be put as an identifier to differentiate the promo with regular discount because promo will be reported as a discount in sales report.
- Click Assign Outlet to choose the outlet(s) you want to implement the promo and click Assign Promo. After all set, click Next.
- Select Item and choose what item that the customers need to buy. Set the variant if there is any specific item. If there is not, you can set into All Variant.
- You can add more items in this section by clicking Add Item. Set "OR" relation if you have option for the purchase requirement or "AND" for multiple requirements. After all set, click Next. Fill in the quantity on how many item the customers need to buy and after all set, click Next.
- If you select Any item from a category, the promo will be applied to any items and its variant under the category you have chosen. For this option, you are only allowed to choose 1 category. Fill in the quantity on how many item the customers need to buy and after all set, click Next.
- You can create free item or discount for reward.
- To set a free item as a reward, select Free Item then choose the item you want to set as a reward and fill in the quantity on how many item the customers can get. Choose the variant if there is any specific item. If there is not, you can set into All Variant.
- You can have single or multiple free items for reward by clicking Add Item button to add more rewards. Set "OR" relation if you have reward option or "AND" for multiple rewards. After all set, click Next.
- For discount, you can set into % discount or Rp discount for reward. Choose Discount then set discount value that customers can get. After all set, click Next.
- You can set if the promo will be applied to multiple order or not.
- If you check Applies in multiple checkbox, the ongoing promo will be applied to multiple order. For example, you set the promo “buy 1 get 1”, the customer who buy 2 will get 2.
- If you uncheck it, then the ongoing promo will be not applied to the multiple order. For example, you set the promo “buy 1 get 1”, the customers who buy 3 items promo will only get 1 free item.
- Set promo time period, when the promo will be activated by selecting the date, hour and day. You can also schedule the promo for future plan. Check Set promo time period checkbox to fill in.
- There will be two promo status. If you set promo to be activated immediately, the status will be shown as “Ongoing”. While “Schedule” status appears if you created a promo for future program.
- The promo you have created cannot be edited except only promo time period. This action is prevented so the sales report will not be changed.
Following is the look on apps if you choose promo for item variant.