Before you can manage and monitor the ingredient inventory and create a recipe, it is necessary to create the ingredient first. If you have more than 50 ingredients, we advise you to use bulk import to create it.
- Go to Library > Ingredient Library.
- Click Import/Export > Import Ingredients on the top right corner.
- Select Modify Ingredient Library to add new ingredients and update existing ingredients, or Replace Ingredient Library to delete all existing ingredients and replace them with your uploaded ingredients.
- Click Next > Download Our Template.
- Open the file saved to your computer using Excel.
- Fill in the template columns with your ingredient information:
- Leaving the category field blank will leave the ingredient as Uncategorized.
- New categories will be created for any new categories identified in the category column.
- Leaving the “Ingredient - Track Stock” blank in Alert column will default the "Track Stock" to off. Place a "Yes" if you would like to track stock for this ingredient.